Bugs when using with Android Beyondpod

The Presto Sound Library provides a Service so that any application can change the speed and pitch of MP3s/Oggs, provided the developer of that application has modified it to use Presto and the end user has Presto installed. It is currently in open beta.

Moderator: aocate

Bugs when using with Android Beyondpod

Postby stuart0001 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:54 pm

presto is giving me a few issues. About 1 in 3 tracks freeze a few seconds before the end. Sometimes I can manually skip to the next track but othertimes I get force close error and have to restart.

The other issue is I get FC error after ending a phone call using by BT headset when the episode should resume playing again.

These issues disappear in Beyondpod if I disable the plug-in.

As it stands I have had to disable it altogether because most of my listening is whilst driving and I can't operate the software at the same time.

I am running version 0.8.9
stuart0001

Re: Bugs when using with Android Beyondpod

Postby aocate » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:34 am

I need more information.

What tracks are freezing before end? Does playing the same track have the same result or is it random? Are those tracks always from the same podcast?

For force closes, the best thing to do is hit Report, especially if you include a message; that goes to the developer console where I can see the exact line that failed, though I won't know what you were doing unless that's included in the message.
aocate

Postby stuart0001 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 am

BBC podcasts appear to be the worse culprits, although I will keep a close eye to see if it's others too. Below is a prime example that consistently freezes with 8-9 seconds remaining and then gives a "Playback Error" warning. Again, it doesn't happen if I disable presto. Not sure if it's relevant but I listen at 1.5x speed

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/rad ... -1040a.mp3

Regarding the FC errors, it's beyondpod that does this ( but only when presto is active) so you wouldn't get a report. I'll get more details for this error when it happens again.
stuart0001

Postby stuart0001 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 pm

I was advised by stefan (beyondpod dev) to post a logcollector log. So below is taken straight after the playback error. I hope it helps :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593163/androidlog.txt
stuart0001

Postby aocate » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:13 pm

I don't have a Bluetooth headset, so I'm going to need to get one to debug this. What headset are you using (in case it's hardware-dependent)?

As for the playback error, I can see what's going on and yes, it's dependent on the BBC podcast. There's an MPG123_NEED_MORE error that I have a vague idea what it means. Should be fixable; I'm hoping to take care of it next week, since I finally have some unallocated time, but no guarantees on that.
aocate

Postby stuart0001 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks for the update and I look forward to a fix for the 8 second bug. :D

Regarding the Bluetooth issue, I have since upgraded my ROM and have not since been able to replicate the problem so it looks like it wasn't necessarily an issue with your app. I'm going to keep an eye on it and will let you know how I get on. For the record it is a Sony Headset HW 600.

Many thanks,
Stuart
stuart0001

Postby stuart0001 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:16 am

Just wondering if there's been any progress on this
stuart0001

Postby stuart0001 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 am

Any update?
stuart0001

Postby aocate » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:12 am

No, I haven't been able to duplicate the bug, so I can't do anything about it. I am finally finding a little time to work on a next iteration, though it's not fixing as much as I would have liked and is still a ways off.
aocate

Postby BankZ » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:18 pm

I am having this problem also. If I try to use any commands from BT (pause, Skip) it crashes BP but the audio continues to play. Is there anything that can be done?
BankZ

Next

Return to Presto Sound Library