Sectionizer Cannot find Tracks

Practice Makes Perfect is an Android application for musicians, dancers, and choreographers. It supports splitting a track into pieces, then playing some subset of those pieces over and over again.

Moderator: aocate

Sectionizer Cannot find Tracks

Postby bobbyrullo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi there,

I just bought PMP and am having a bit of trouble: I transferred some files via bluetooth (so it ends up in the Downloads/bluetooth directory) and sectionizer can't seem to find it, even though I can play it in the Music app. I even tried moving the files to the root directory of the sdcard, where files that sectionizer could find are, and still it doesn't work.

Is there anything I can do to make the app (which I find incredibly useful!!!) find these files?

(btw I have an HTC Incredible)

Thanks!

Bobby
bobbyrullo

Re: Sectionizer Cannot find Tracks

Postby aocate » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure why it's not finding the tracks. My guess would be either the MediaStore hasn't been reindexed or they're on internal storage.

What you can do is use an app like Astro File Manager, navigate to the directory with the files, click the file you want to open, and do "Complete Action With..." Practice Makes Perfect. Then it will open no matter what the location of the file is.
aocate

Postby bobbyrullo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 am

I've actually tried that, and it works...sort of. The problem with that approach is that Sectionizer doesn't seem to know what the title or the artist is, and after I add some sections and stuff, it's not saved for when I go back to it, so a lot of work is lost.

I'll continue to explore.

Thanks!

Bobby
bobbyrullo

Postby aocate » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:43 am

The only other thing I can think of is to unmount and remount the SDcard. I'd need more information to diagnose any further, sorry.
aocate

Return to Practice Makes Perfect